The Margate Bookie Young Producers invite new voices and fresh eyes aged 13-30 to submit work to be part of our new exhibition, Making Waves. Selected entrants will get the opportunity to have their work exhibited at The Margate School from 15-22 October with an opening night and awards event on Friday 15 October.
Submissions should follow the given prompt and fall into one of the following categories:
- Poetry (any genre, up to 500 words)
- Prose (any genre, up to 1500 words)
- Photography (please submit no more than 3 images)
- Illustration and painting
- Mixed media (video, etc.)
- Sound (mp3 maximum of 5 minutes)
Antony Gormley’s artwork Another Time is made up of 100 cast-iron sculptures of a human form, spread out in different locations. One of these sculptures stands in the sea behind the Turner Contemporary gallery in Margate, where it will stay until 2030. Create a work about the inner world of that cast-iron figure.
You may like to consider what it might be like to stand just off the coast of Margate for over a decade, as the tides come in and out. What hopes, dreams and fears might be present? What connection does the figure have to its 99 counterparts?
For more about Another Time:
Terms and Conditions / How to enter
- Entry is free.
- Entrants should ensure that their work fits the prompt, and that they have followed these submission guidelines.
- Entrants must only submit once to a category of their choosing.
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the category you are entering and the title of your piece.
- Please include social media links in your email.
- Please submit jpeg, pdf, mp3 or mp4 files. Please send large files via we transfer.
- Please only enter if you are 13-30 years old
- Submissions received after midnight on the closing date will not be considered.
Stay tuned for more updates!